Saturday, May 27, 2017

Self Image


  I have often struggled with a personal self-image attitude!  For years I have managed to build an image in my own mind of who I really am. I have agreed with much of this self-motivated assumption for the wrong reasons and for most of my life, unfortunately! For the most part, I have allowed these thoughts and attitudes to shape me and, thus, affected my relationships throughout that time.

Who I am, and who you really are, are often not who we tell ourselves! Outside influences from other people and situations help to shape us, whether we like it or not, but, we either allow or surpress those influences in order to help shape our image of ourselves! I'm not trying to offer physceatric help here but only personal testimony. I'm no doctor but I believe we each one know ourselves better than anyone else does, including doctors. No offense intended here!


This is just something I've been thinking about for a really long time and have been seeking answers to. Maybe you have to and, perhaps, we can help each other and offer some kind of encouraging help.
I welcome any help at all and, God willing, I will be able to strengthen a good self-image along the way. It is, after all, what God meant for us all to have being made in his image as we are!


Be blessed folks



Jeff Pendleton
5/27/17

No comments: