Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Writing During Hard Times

My passion for writing is what drives me without a doubt! However, writing during a time of seperation in my marriage is difficult to say the least. In order to concentrate on ideas and subject~matter one has really be a one~track~minded person, so getting that accomplished is a celebration for me! 

Really, difficulties in my marriage have changed my perspective in several areas of my character and my self~image. Certainly, it takes both people to build a solid foundation for any marriage and in the same vain it takes both to tear one down! The change in my character have been positive and encouraging, focused mainly on how I view myself at this present time. It's much more secure and I have gained a confidence in my ability to write and do whatever it takes to make it happen. The encouraging part has come from the support of my pastor and friends at church along with some uplifting conversations with others that I don't get to talk to that much! I'm very grateful for all of that.

As for the situations that have made my 17year marriage take a down~turn have to be put at my feet because it's my responsibility to be the leader and provider for my family! There is no doubt that any restoration at all is going to have to be , primarily, my deal! My wife is the only one who knows how she feels toward me now. I have no clue and, really, it's not on me but on her! All I can and should do is be a gentleman and try my best to be the guy she fell in love with over 17 years ago.

As for the writing, I am having fun learning, reading, researching and getting ideas for projects and which publications are looking for my type of writing. I mainly stay within the poetry/short story genre and that's what is the most exciting for me. Lots of ideas swirling around in my head and also some emotional stuff that I need to get out on paper which serves as some therapy. It's all coming together and I'm excited about the future for both writing and in my marriage! No matter what the results are, I am trusting God with it all!

A right attitude and mind~set are the springboard from which I can jump into both challenges and prevail in each one! Working on any project requires consistency and determination and without one or the other anyone can make a start on something but most probably never finish it. It's much more important to finish strong than to start strong!

As for the future of my writing, it's really just beginning and prayers from my friends and family are vital for any success! Also for my wife and I in our marriage so that's exactly what I'm asking for from my readers here on the blog. I give my thanks and gratitude to each one of you and ask that God blesses you all.


Jeff pendleton
11/29/16

1 comment:

Dan Pendleton said...

Yes, my brother. God knows your passion the same as I have for photography. Something I've always wanted to do. However, my first and foremost passion is my wife and her care and the care of our failing father. Photography at this point, is playing second fiddle.