Friday, October 21, 2016

Good Counseling


  This is one subject that I honestly never thought I would write on from my own personal experience. However, the sound advice and wise council from my therapist, Jessica, has been invaluable! She is simply terrific at what she does! She is very approachable and kind in her methods. Honesty and an ability to encourage me to become the `true` version of myself are two traits that I am met with at each session. She's an attractive and sweet~tempered woman as well. Which is a good thing if one is a physiologist!

  For over thirty years I have battle with anger issues! They have been more akin to rage, at times! Simple anger doesn't seem to apply in my case. I have never been certain of why this is the case. You could easily envision Dr. Bruce Banner becoming the Hulk when witnessing some of my more expressive flashes of the anger. We are currently dealing with that and self~image issues each week. It appears that we have made some major headway in both areas! I am happy when it's time for another session with her, mostly because I want this to be redacted, removed from my personality. Anger is not the real persona I have!

  With that being said I have "homework" to do from here on out and journaling will play a big part in my treatment and diagnosis. It's been a long road getting from the guy filled with anger and a poor self~image to a kinder, gentler sort of man who wants to encourage those around me. That's what God wants each of us to do and I plan on taking it slow and moment by moment. It's actually fun being able to talk to a person of wisdom and have parts of my physique revealed. Some of it is also surprising in a very interesting way.

  So with that comes New challenges and I like being challenged in just about anything! The fruit of this new tree will be good and those whom I love and care for will be pleasantly surprised by it and happy for me, I am quite sure! I must give the LORD God all the credit and gratitude.


Jeff pendleton
10/21/16

No comments: