Monday, June 20, 2016

If I Could Travel through Time



   Just imagining what events could be changed and what decision's might be different if we could all travel backwards in time. I don't say this with a flippant attitude or with a sarcastic voice but out of a
sincere belief that this is a strong possibility!  Without going into the scientific methods needed for time travel and all the possible results of tampering with the cosmic forces, we can just use our imaginations to roam freely from one period of history to another.

   For instance, being able to travel back to the time of the war between the states in the 1860's and
to actually walk up to one of the courageous soldiers, whether he is a confederate or union soldier, and try to encourage him to fight for what's right. To be able from there to go on to meet and give
your respect to President Lincoln and and members of his cabinet and let them know how important
their jobs are for the future of our country and just perhaps, perhaps, encourage the President to
change his dinner plan's for that fateful night in April!  What would our country look like if that
event was abated?

   Any science-fiction buff knows well the boundries and limits of time-travel and what can happen when you change history in any way, shape or form. Many books have been written and videos made with the question of whether man can actually push his way through the fabric of space and time and
voyage into their own or someone else's history. Some of these books go into deep detail of the
techniques used to coast through timelines of history and map out each stop along the way, gaining
knowledge before never known and thereby enabling historians to have a new perspective.

   Going back into my own history-timeline I can envision watching my younger self, from a safe distance of course, learning how to swim at the pool in our old neighborhood, watching myself learn
from making a basket for the other team how to properly play the game of basketball and take my
enthusiasm into a long career of street-ball!  Another view allows me to see my self as a 12 year old making friends with a golden horse with a yellow mane and riding that horse bare-back through the fields, holding tight onto her neck, in my own little world.

   Swiftly switching scenes, I see myself walking down a long stretch of railroad tracks to an old
grocery store to pick up some candy for a penny and my favorite basketball or baseball trading cards.
What a time that was and what adventures I went on, though most were in the depth's of my
young imagination! As you can see, I haven't lost any of that vivid imagination at all during these
later years!

   I have to believe that in the heart of most human beings there is this yearning and unavoidable
desire to conquer that realm of impossibility and bring it into subjection of our will. Not to sound
like a crazed, deranged man who wants the world to 'bow' to him, but just to express the hunger
and desire that every man has to conquer the unconquerable! Each of us have been born with the
passion to solve the mysteries of life and time travel certainly fits into the top rung of those
mysteries!

   If it is your dream to time-travel and to journey through the avenues of space-time and confront
one of man's deepest fears, the unknown, then climb aboard and become part of my crew and
be ready to bounce back and forth from one point to another, exploring our own history as it
was and could be.

   There's no time like the present!.....oh, really?


jeff Pendleton

6/20/16

No comments: