Monday, October 22, 2018

My Anger Struggle: The Questions!

I am perplexed by this life-long struggle with a 'spirit of anger'! It has been a very constant thorn in my side for decades now! I have succumbed to this side of my personality far too many times in my life, from my teens until the present time! It is quite draining on me, taking the strength out of me physically, mentally and emotionally! This ongoing problem has caused a great deal of stress on relationships, especially with my wife and my daughter's over the years! It has even effected co-workers at times! Giving in to a 'quick temper' is labeled as foolish in God's word, and I am certainly aware that I have been very foolish because of this albatross around my neck! I will not offer any excuses for giving in to a raging spirit of anger, but I do acknowledge that there is a very real problem here! I have been under months of counselling for it but there has been little breakthrough! I am overcome with questions as to why the anger wells in me so readily! The bible is the best recourse for any of life's challenges and mine are no different! I realize, as well, that many people, more often men than women, have this same challenging situation as me and they, too, are asking the same, pointed question....why?  Through much prayer, fasting and thanksgiving to God seems to be the 'way to victory' and I am more-than-ready to avail myself of this solution!

No comments: